Friday, January 3, 2014

SmoothGuy Redux

Friday, January 4, 2013 

Sooo... here's a perfect example of the maxim that men often reappear, even after a "final farewell."  One week after opting out of the affair business - look who reappeared on Yahoo IM:

Jan 04 7:53 PM SmoothGuy: Hi there?

Jan 04 8:08 PM Sassy: Hiya

Jan 04 8:10 PM Sassy: what's up fella?

Jan 04 8:12 PM SmoothGuy: Hi home alone. Still lonely for romance

Jan 04 8:13 PM SmoothGuy: How you've been?

Jan 04 8:16 PM Sassy: rolling along. Huge bump in new guys on AM this week...

Jan 04 8:16 PM Sassy: but I am feeling rather done.

Jan 04 8:16 PM Sassy: I got stood up last week. That was harsh.

Jan 04 8:18 PM SmoothGuy: That sucks you got stood up, happened to me a few times

Jan 04 8:18 PM Sassy: Really?

Jan 04 8:18 PM Sassy: I would NEVER do that.

Jan 04 8:19 PM Sassy: Did you ever hear why?

Jan 04 8:19 PM SmoothGuy: Thanks. Me neither. I have cancelled, but at least sent a note well ahead of time

Jan 04 8:20 PM SmoothGuy: Never heard. Figured they changed their mind

Jan 04 8:20 PM Sassy: Yes... that's happened to me. It is sad but not like sitting alone in a bar for 40 minutes wondering...

Jan 04 8:20 PM Sassy: Ah well... I picked up take-out from Oiive Garden, got my sausage for lunch another way

Jan 04 8:21 PM SmoothGuy: Or waiting outside a restaurant

Jan 04 8:21 PM SmoothGuy: Funny 

Jan 04 8:21 PM SmoothGuy: I want a lunch date now 

Jan 04 8:22 PM Sassy: oh?

Jan 04 8:23 PM SmoothGuy: Sausage or not, lunch would be fun. Just not sure when

Jan 04 8:23 PM Sassy: with me?

Jan 04 8:27 PM SmoothGuy: Yes with you. But, to be fully open, just not sure how my wishy washyness would play out. Would want to play things by ear

Jan 04 8:27 PM Sassy: That's very honest.

Jan 04 8:28 PM SmoothGuy: Don't want to build, pull back, then cause hurt

Jan 04 8:28 PM Sassy: Noble

Jan 04 8:28 PM SmoothGuy: Build expectations

Jan 04 8:29 PM Sassy: I think if you're honest, it can work

Jan 04 8:29 PM SmoothGuy: Not noble. But honest

Jan 04 8:30 PM Sassy: It is noble. I've been dealing with guilt kings who don't let on until after they sleep with me... SUCKS

Jan 04 8:30 PM Sassy: So I am left to wonder if it's b.s. and they didn't like me or if they are really that un-selfaware

Jan 04 8:30 PM SmoothGuy: Agree that sucks

Jan 04 8:31 PM Sassy: Sorry to let loose... just explaining...

Jan 04 8:31 PM Sassy: but I am used to lots of nothing, so something sometimes maybe seems worth checking out?

Jan 04 8:31 PM SmoothGuy: No need to be sorry. If you can't vent here where can you?

Jan 04 8:32 PM Sassy: I try not to be venty... try to be fun!

Jan 04 8:32 PM Sassy: And sexy. 

Jan 04 8:32 PM SmoothGuy: Think it's worth checking out

Jan 04 8:32 PM Sassy: Just promise to write one email after okay?

Jan 04 8:32 PM SmoothGuy: And you are fun!!

Jan 04 8:33 PM Sassy: Even if its "yeah, no. Best of luck."

Jan 04 8:33 PM Sassy: Awww... thanks!

Jan 04 8:33 PM Sassy: You inspire me.

Jan 04 8:33 PM SmoothGuy: I promise not to treat you like shit

Jan 04 8:34 PM SmoothGuy: And treat you well

Jan 04 8:34 PM Sassy: I don't ask for much, but total silence... argh!

Jan 04 8:34 PM Sassy: Sorry... you're co-cheaters have been making me gunshy

Jan 04 8:34 PM Sassy: You have been very good.

Jan 04 8:35 PM SmoothGuy: Thanks, just being myself

Jan 04 8:35 PM Sassy: Me, too.

Jan 04 8:35 PM Sassy: I don't do drama!

Jan 04 8:36 PM SmoothGuy: Always treat people well, especially if you "do the nasty" with them

Jan 04 8:36 PM Sassy: Yeah... my pals say, "Lie to your spouse, not your affair partner!"

Jan 04 8:37 PM SmoothGuy: Good to be honest, in some ways!

Jan 04 8:38 PM Sassy: So what made you washy last week and wishy now?

Jan 04 8:39 PM SmoothGuy: One other thing. I would only be available, once every few weeks, but with occasionlly more concentrated time. So, at best it would off and on. Is that something that works for you ?

Jan 04 8:40 PM Sassy: Yes

Jan 04 8:40 PM Sassy: It sounds perfect

Jan 04 8:41 PM SmoothGuy: Washy wishy comes from my ambivalence followed by my more biological and romantic needs

Jan 04 8:41 PM Sassy: ah... weighing the risk vs. the benefit?

Jan 04 8:41 PM SmoothGuy: That's great, perfect for me too

Jan 04 8:42 PM SmoothGuy: Some of that. Also guilt Vs benefit

Jan 04 8:43 PM Sassy: where you raised Catholic?

Jan 04 8:43 PM SmoothGuy: But I hope you can give and receive great benefits 

Jan 04 8:43 PM SmoothGuy: Not at all. More about the marriage vow thing

Jan 04 8:44 PM Sassy: Does your wife fulfill her side of the vows?

Jan 04 8:44 PM Sassy: That's the question someone asked me that set me free

Jan 04 8:45 PM SmoothGuy: Not the romance part of the vows, but the rest

Jan 04 8:45 PM SmoothGuy: Got to go now, will check back over the weekend. Great chatting!

Jan 04 8:45 PM Sassy: Mwah!


No comments:

Post a Comment