Monday, May 10, 2021

Monday monolith

May 11, 2020 Monday

from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 11, 2020, 2:06 AM
subject: Monday monolith

Good morning Daniel! Here we go into Week #9 at home in isolation for me. Hope we can smile together for a moment here and there.

I cried to start Mother's Day, a good cry over a poignant letter someone wrote to the Bangor Maine Police Department Facebook page writer Lt Tim Cotton, about being with her mother in a nursing home for a few minutes as she died of COVID-19. It was good to read a first-person report to keep the numbers real.

I got chores done around home - watered my poor dehydrated cacti!

I took a long nap and stayed in bed looking at everyone's Mother's Day photos on Facebook. Hubby is quite blue and I needed some space.

We had Freshly meals for supper. They've discontinued my favorite turkey & stuffing dinner, so I relished eating the final one.

Here's another short dancing video for your entertainment:
Swans for Relief - ballerinas from around the world

https://youtu.be/PT14o5Wq7gE

I worked on another Instacart order for Wednesday morning delivery. I can't seem to get all the things we need to last two weeks! At least it is getting easier to get slots. I do like that I can claim a slot and then keep adding items.

Take care dear man! Mwah!

-S

=====

from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 11, 2020, 3:57 pm
subject: New word

Good afternnoon D!

I learned a new word today and had to share! Do you know this one?

iatrogenic
iat·ro·gen·ic | \ (ˌ)ī-ˌa-trə-ˈje-nik \
Definition of iatrogenic
: induced inadvertently by a physician or surgeon or by medical treatment or diagnostic procedures

People are talking about if they go into the hospital for surgery and end up with some other infection, or have side effects from a drug that are worse than the main effects.

My dad had terrible trouble with this - going in for one thing and coming out with some horrible infection or rash or post-anesthesia complications. Good to know there's a word for it! Even if it describes a yucky phenomenon.

-S

=====

from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 11, 2020, 3:57 pm
Re: New word

Never heard it and most likely won't remember it.
 

=====

from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 11, 2020, 10:30 pm
subject: Auto Art

Good evening D!

Here's a quick gif of an interesting art in progress! Mwah!

https://miscomidas.club/omg/haciendo-arte-en-coche-sucio/

[sorry... this URL seems to be dead and I have no memory of what it was!  Oops!]

=====

from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 11, 2020, 11:08 pm
Re: Auto Art

Would make me sad to go to a car wash.



No comments:

Post a Comment