From: Sassy
To: Brett
Sent: Sat, May 30, 2020 at 5:53 PM
Subject: Saturday sunshine
Hiya Brett! How're things with you? Hope you are hanging in. Did you have a good visit with your kids?
I'm completing Week #11 at home. My big excitement was I took a risk and let my cleaners come back to work.
I followed the tragedy in Minneapolis with the murder of George Floyd and the ensuing riots with horror and increasing puzzlement as to whether anyone in law enforcement out there has a clue. I know our alleged President does not.
Monday - Memorial Day
I spent a long time reading the NYT graphic with phrases about 1,000 people who have died from COVID-19. Left me pondering what few words they'd find about me to sum up my life. *sigh So good to turn the numbers into individuals. So hard to think of so much of the population gone in 3 months.
Tuesday
Our realtor sent us her Market Analysis of how much our place could sell for. It's less than I expected but she sees it as a way to get people to look and then hope for higher bids. We called her to ask questions about what we need to upgrade like carpets, paint etc. It feels odd to re-do the place without knowing what the new person would want, but they insist it will up the sale price and bring more offers.
I chatted with a friend in TX. It scares me how they are completely reopening and having graduations in the stadium and going to the beach and visiting with friends and family.
The building super asked me to find out how much it will cost to fix my ceiling. I think that means the Trustees are considering paying for it. It's a little tricky because I don't intend to have it fixed, exactly. I intend the paint the entire place after we leave. And I am definitely not fixing it before some time has passed to be sure they've really fixed the roof. Not sure how to finesse this.
Wednesday
Our Cleaners returned today! They spent three hours. So wonderful to have a clean condo again!
We went off to Horn Pond in Woburn for a stroll in the sunshine. We picked up Chinese food from Sichuan Garden.
Do you see folks wearing masks around you? Almost no one in Woburn had them on. Everyone in the city does. I stayed away from people.
I had a quiet evening looking at real estate ads - fun to see what's on offer but nothing we wanted to visit. I am looking at Medford, Malden, Arlington, Cambridge and Somerville. I looked at Woburn but it is just too far to think about getting home late at night if we ever do project events again.
Thursday
I helped my sister try out an alternative to Zoom called spatial.chat. It's built for parties so you can go into a corner and chat with a person or two while others do the same, or all listen to one speaker. No app, no account set up - seems easy enough. Might have some uses for us. Let me know if you want to test it out and I'll send you the link to my "space."
Ten of us joined my sister to watch her make pork loin and mashed potatoes! So good to see folks!
Friday
We went out today - I stayed in the car. Hubby picked up meds and dropped off a return to Amazon. We drove through Dunkin Donuts to get their new stuffed croissant with chicken, cheese, bacon and everything seasoning - an odd combo that works. We picked up dinner from Kelly's Roast Beef. Their fried shrimp rock!
I watched Marty Baron's Commencement speech to the Harvard Class of 2020. He is so well-spoken! He is often self-deprecating and jovial, but not this time. So serious.
Saturday
Did you see the SpaceX launch? I was so happy and relieved when they made it. Nice to have some good news.
I am remembering a magical afternoon with a nice man and me doing my best cowgirl impression. Yeehaw!
Take care! Mwah!
-S
No comments:
Post a Comment