from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 7, 2020, 8:21 AM
subject: Thursday tasty pastry
Good morning Daniel! Hope you're hanging in up there.
Wednesday was odd. I woke up at 8 am to supervise the Instacart shopper. He did an amazing job of finding things and offering photos of possible substitutions. I rolled our cart downstairs and watched him set everything in the entrance, then scurried to load up and roll it upstairs.
I put everything away and cleaned up and... went back to bed. Not sure what was up with that, but I slept for 3 hours! I stayed in bed reading my phone until after 4 pm.
I ate two Freshly meals - for lunch and dinner - to finish them up for the week before the new ones arrive tomorrow.
One of my favorite bakeries Quebrada in Arlington, re-opened on Wednesday. I put in an order for croissants and cookies, and plan to motor up there about 10 am. They're doing curbside delivery. Whee!
Take care dear man. Mwah! And a long hug!!
-S
=====
from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 7, 2020, 9:22 AM
Re: Thursday tasty pastry
Hey... Received both your emails. Will respond when I can. Sorry for the delay.
Take care. Stay well.
=====
date: May 7, 2020, 9:22 AM
Re: Thursday tasty pastry
Hey... Received both your emails. Will respond when I can. Sorry for the delay.
Take care. Stay well.
=====
from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 7, 2020, 6:16 PM
Re: Thursday tasty pastry
date: May 7, 2020, 6:16 PM
Re: Thursday tasty pastry
I love bakeries but I think I need to start watching my sugar intake...
Yes I did get but 7 loaves of banana bread.. But bananas are healthy.. Right?
=====
from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 7, 2020, 7:50 PM
Re: Thursday tasty pastry
to: Daniel
date: May 7, 2020, 7:50 PM
Re: Thursday tasty pastry
Good evening Daniel!
Wonderful to get your emails!
What are you going to do with 7 loaves of banana bread? Fruit is healthy! Thanks for the tip - but that URL did not go anywhere... what was it supposed to be? I will definitely check it out!
I sent my sister a box of stroopwafels and cookies from Belgian Boys for Mother's Day. https://belgianboys.com
They have 15% off for new customers. Put in your email and they mail you a code - put that code in on your order, and then if you order $50 or more, use FREE50 at the top of the check out page to get the shipping for free as well! I got some for myself - the raspberry tarts - they are so tasty!
I had a busy Thursday. I got out to the bakery to pick up sweets. They weren't as good as I remember but still tasty.
I went in to a store for the first time since March 28! I popped in to Pemberton Farms looking for chai latte liquid because Instacart brought me a gallon of milk instead of a quart, so I have to do something to get rid of the milk. Pemberton Farms didn't have it. I ran into my sister! What are the chances?
I drove Hubby through McDonald's, then I sat in the car while Hubby popped in to Star Market to get my chai mix, his coffees and a few other items Instacart did not find.
A guy asked me for 60 cents so he could buy a cup of coffee at McDonald's. I don't usually give panhandlers money, but there was something about him... I gave him a $20 bill. The look on his face was worth it. He was with a woman and when he showed it to her, she turned and waved great big at me. Not sure if that was really a good thing. I thought of your daughter... but that's probably just me being a cynic.
There was big news on the Iditarod front - a former champion who came in 21st this year tested positive for meth at the 2nd to last checkpoint before the finish, so he's been disqualified. He apologized and said he's going into rehab. I can't believe it took them two months to announce that, but I suppose the labs were busy with other things recently.
My nerdy gal pal is talking about shaving her head tomorrow. She has long blue hair with over an inch of gray roots, and she's tired of dealing with it so she's been watching videos about how to shave your own head. I dunno if she'll really do it... but it's fascinating to listen to her puzzle through the pros and cons. I have experience with head-shaving due to chemo but I didn't do it myself! I had it done in the special salon at the hospital, and my sister and another gal went along to take photos and hold my hand. They cut it in stages so I could see what various lengths and even a mohawk would look like! Hearing the electric razor against my scalp was one of the scariest sounds ever, so I mostly never think about it. They took over 100 photos! I thought it might be fun to share them but I never did. I never feel like cutting my hair but it's too long to put up now do I will be doing it as soon as it's safe.
Wow! Sorry to hear you are in scam central these days. I did notice about a month of no spam after the shut down started in March, but they seem to be coming back and making up for lost time. I never get asked for my SSN or get the IRS calls, but I get a lot of Chinese spam and extended car warranty phone calls. The Hiya app blocks most of them, thank goodness!
I watched my sister cook dinner from 5:30-6:30 pm and chatted with a bunch of her friends. She was making chicken caesar salad. Do you like that dish? Her version is the Jamie Oliver recipe - quite tasty.
I ate a Freshly meal for supper, supplemented with half a cucumber with peppercorn parmesan light dressing!
A friend posted an excellent article about what we know about how COVID-19 is transmitted - easy examples and graphs that make it clearer that it's okay to go into stores and be outside!
https://erinbromage.wixsite.com/covid19/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them?fbclid=IwAR27A7WsiNa3QZfXNyf1GOvmxgsS7WpwpRhay28In6cWxAWi5CUgjkz6Ljc
Wow... that got longer than I meant to go on... hope you find something worth reading! Mwah!
-S
=====
from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 8, 2020, 3:42 PM
Re: Thursday tasty pastry
date: May 8, 2020, 3:42 PM
Re: Thursday tasty pastry
What to do with 7 loaves of banana bread.. Eat it
Will freeze most of it and eat it as the craving hits. Will let you know how it is. If good I will send you the link.
Shave head on women? Not a fan. For those that have a choice. But to each their own.
You have a kind heart with that donation. I am always skeptical and concerned that I would be contributing to an addiction.. But these are different times. Who knows what's right. The only thing I am sure of is your kind heart.
Shave head on women? Not a fan. For those that have a choice. But to each their own.
You have a kind heart with that donation. I am always skeptical and concerned that I would be contributing to an addiction.. But these are different times. Who knows what's right. The only thing I am sure of is your kind heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment