Saturday, May 8, 2021

Saturday soggy

May 9, 2020 Saturday

from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 9, 2020, 10:36 AM
subject: Saturday soggy

Good morning Daniel! Hope this is an uneventful day. Did you get snow?

Our ceiling is leaking again. Whee. So that paint job lasted 7 months.

Yesterday we went out and got gas @ $1.95/gallon. That's the first time in 9 weeks. The pump guy was so bored - he talked with us for almost 5 minutes!

We drove out to Lexington to pick up dinner at Beijing Chinese Restaurant. We ordered online and they set it on a table just inside the entrance. I was amazed at how quiet the streets were at 5:30 pm, and there were very few cars on Rte 2!

My friend did shave her head! It looks rather bad, but she bought a lovely scarf and that is stylin'!

Take care dear man. Mwah!

-S

=====

from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 9, 2020, 3:27 PM
Re: Saturday soggy

Sorry to hear about the leak. That is annoying stuff.

Last gas price I paid was $1.57.

Does she regret shaving her head?

My dinner will be burgers and Italian sausages cooked on the grill yesterday.

Be safe... :)

=====

from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 9, 2020, 3:54 PM 
Re: Saturday soggy

Good afternoon D!

The industrial fan noise to dry out the carpet is obnoxious, so I'm hiding in the bedroom thinking about how much more fun that would be if you were here. We could watch a movie. ;)

The leak situation is tough because I can't control the repair of the roof. Last time it took two months while my ceiling got worse and worse. No clue what can happen in these strange times. At least I know a good painter!

My friend I helped move last year says I should move. Ugh.

Wonder why gas is so much cheaper up there?  Less taxes probably.

My friend who shaved her head regrets she didn't wait for the clippers to arrive - as the scissors were tricky - they're supposed to appear Friday. But overall she's happy. To me it looks awful except with the scarf on, and reminds me of chemo.

Texted with my cousin in NC. She went to see her mother yesterday, and her son is coming for Mothers Day. It worries me that they are not isolating. 

Your dinner sounds so good! I haven't had either of those in awhile...may need to remedy that. I can't grill but I can get delivery!

Peace and oral hygiene!

-S

=====

from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 9, 2020, 7:12 PM
subject: I think this is amazing

Marcelito Pomoy Sing Male & Female Voice In The Prayer



=====

from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 9, 2020, 10:29 PM
Re: I think this is amazing

Wow! That is amazing! Neither voice looks it's coming from that mouth.

I looked him up - another person come to us through America's Got Talent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelito_Pomoy

I used to sing that song at church with a baritone doing the other part. Wish I had a recording of that - it seemed perfect for my vocal range.

Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment