Saturday, May 8, 2021

More leaks

May 9, 2020 Saturday

11:49 AM Sassy 
Midnight mushing in May in the Arctic!

midnight just west of Galbraith lake. May 1


From Wild and Free Mushing Facebook page
"There’s nothing better for the heart and soul then the Arctic midnight sun!"

11:59 AM Sassy
Good morning kid!

12:27 PM Phil
Good morning! Happy Saturday!

12:32 PM Sassy
Five new leaks in the ceiling overnight.
So that paint job lasted 7 months... *sigh

Hubby woke up in the middle of the night and noticed the wet carpet.
Downstairs neighbor called the building super because it was coming down through her electrical box! 
The industrial fan the building super brought in to dry out the carpet woke me! 

12:33 PM Phil
Isn’t there an association responsible for that?!

12:34 PM Sassy
3 years ago they put through an amendment that makes us use our insurance. Sucks.

Just seems like every time things get into balance here and we're coping, the universe tosses some new challenge at us. Whee.

At least I know a good painter now.

12:35 PM Phil
So you don’t pay an association fee?

12:36 PM Sassy
I do. $553/mo

12:37 PM Phil
I’d be pissed. Your insurance isn’t going to replace the roof on the building and you can’t just do part of a roof

12:38 PM Sassy
It is hard to deal when I can't control the source

12:39 PM Phil
Yep, you can’t fix it so you are just stuck with the leaks. That’s nonsense.

1:32 PM Sassy
Just when I figure out how to juggle the curveballs the universe is throwing at me, another one comes flying in... *sigh

2:42 PM Sassy
What're you doing today?

3:45 PM Phil
Got stuff for Mother’s day. Making crab cakes and cheesecake. Got some plants for the patio. Now relaxing

[photo of his smiling face, holding a drink and toasting]

[photo of his balcony and the trees beyond]

3:58 PM Sassy
Excellent!
I'm hiding in the bedroom to avoid the industrial fan noise.

3:58 PM Phil
Enjoying my plants and the fresh air on the balcony

3:59 PM Sassy
They're gorgeous!





4:02 PM Phil
Speaking of gorgeous
Yummy

4:11 PM Phil
That looks like an excellent way to spend your time

4:12 PM Sassy
It's pretty good though I'm imagining a couple better ideas

4:18 PM Phil
I’d like to hold the toy

4:19 PM Sassy
I'd like to hold yours

4:29 PM Phil
Me too!


No comments:

Post a Comment