Saturday, May 22, 2021

Saturday sync

May 23, 2020 Saturday

From: Sassy
To: Brett
Sent: Sat, May 23, 2020 at 1:17 PM
Subject: Saturday sync

Hiya Brett! Hope you've had a good week and are staying healthy. I'm hanging in!

Here's the highlights from this week:

Monday
Our project group cancelled the summer event. Sensible but so sad. I scrambled to do a short version of the announcement to post to Facebook and link to the longer one on the website. People seem to understand. Luckily we have lots of events online to keep people connected.

I scurried around to tidy up my condo and our real estate agent popped by to look around so she can tell us what our place is worth. She was here for two hours! She said we'll have that early next week. The plan is to:
1) look for condos we want to visit,
2) buy one,
3) move, then
4) renovate my place to some extent (new appliances, paint, carpet) and 
5) sell it.

I was relieved that she knows painters, carpet installers, appliance sales, cleaners, movers etc. so I don't have to deal with finding them. I still don't know if we'll find anywhere we want, but it's fun to look. I'd adore having more space and not having to paint the ceiling every year. We'll see!

I puzzled over the MA Governor's announcement of who can open next week - it mostly doesn't apply to me (churches, manufacturing plants, construction sites) except for the hair salons. Pondering whether I want to get my hair trimmed. I am heading into Rapunzel territory! Still seems risky and avoidable. Have you done it?

Wednesday
I went outside!
I did the usual "get up early to supervise the Instacart shopper." They found everything except Hubby's coffee, so we went out to pick that up at Stop & Shop. I basked in the sunshine while Hubby shopped. We drove through Dunkin Donuts and I got a donut! I also tried their new stuffed croissant with chicken, bacon, cheese and everything seasoning on top! Tasty!

I noticed my right breast turning red - another bout of cellulitis! I called my doctor's office and did my best "I know what this is, just call in a prescription" request. They said I had to talk to my doctor and she wasn't in. I was resigned to waiting until tomorrow, but she called about 4:30 pm! She called in the prescription and they filled it quickly. Hubby picked it up for me! So I have 10 days of antibiotics every 6 hours. Whee. Wish you could kiss them and make them better! ;)

We had something different for dinner! I baked Stouffer's chicken enchiladas and added fresh Wegmans guacamole on top with Tostitos lime tortilla chips! They were tasty.

Thursday
I watched my sister cook dinner from 5:30-6:30 pm on Zoom with 10 friends. She, her husband and my niece got tested for COVID-19 today via nose swabs. Somerville asked everyone to be tested.

Saturday
Somerville Theater does a Popcorn Pop-up that allows them to pay their staff for another month. So we'll stock up on popcorn, sodas, candy and Richardson's frozen yogurt later today! I'll drive and Hubby will pick it up at the front door.

I am reveling in memories you've helped me create when I need to escape the present and not think about the future... hope that is working for you as well! Long hugs with groping!

-S


1 comment:

  1. I love your words, "revelling in the memories you helped me create " this is definitely the year to linger in past comforts, cherishing each moment in what is a shared experience of of deprivation

    ReplyDelete