Sunday, May 16, 2021

Sunday snoozing

May 17, 2020 Sunday

from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 17, 2020, 6:28 PM
subject: Sunday snoozing

Good afternoon D! Hope you've had a quiet Sunday.

I've had two quiet days at home.

Saturday
I managed to stay in bed until 4 pm. I puzzled over what meal to eat... decided on breakfast. I caught up on a lot of news online, and wrote our Buyer's Agent to show her listings we'd looked at but didn't choose, so she gets more of an idea of what we want.

We tried a new snack - Pretzel Dogs. They're quick and easy (2 minutes in the microwave) and taste okay. Not going to be a favorite. Photo attached!

  
Sunday
A friend in the Midwest told me his mother died this morning. She was in a nursing home so he had not seen her in 9 weeks. She fell over at breakfast and died. So tough. I have a quick list of tips and tasks I send and he seemed to appreciate that. He has to be a tough guy for his family but he can cry with me. Makes me feel useful.

Zoom was on the fritz this morning - a lot of people who use it for church were scrambling. Technology giveth and taketh away.

I made a ham & cheese omelette for breakfast.

I watched a new 10-minute play on Zoom written by an actor I know, and performed by others actors I know, and a woman in Scotland! There were almost 100 in the audience!

I watched Obama's Commencement speech. He makes me yearn for his leadership. I also watched Nancy Pelosi's speech for the Smith College graduates. She is another shining example of public service.

I ate another Freshly meal for supper. So glad I have those. I submitted an Instacart order. I've fallen into a "order on Sunday for Wednesday" pattern.

Take care dear man. Please keep breathing! Mwah!

-S

=====

from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 17, 2020, 6:34 PM
Re: Sunday snoozing

Thanks for writing. I did however have a bad reaction to the Obama and Pelosi comments.
 
I will leave it at that. 

Have a great rest of your day.

Stay healthy and happy.

=====

from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 17, 2020, 7:57 PM
Re: Sunday snoozing

Good evening D!  

I pondered whether to leave that in, but figured it's part of who I am and what I'm doing, so you see the real me.  Just gives you something to latch onto when you need to recall that I am not perfect.  Thank you for leaving it - very diplomatic. 

I'm catching up on Boston Globe articles and the recipe is for pea soup.  The universe conspires to keep me thinking of you and smiling.  Not something I'm going to make from scratch.  

Just heard from our real estate agent - she's coming by tomorrow at 3 pm to see our place and give us an estimate of what it could sell for.  That will help us know better what we can afford to spend and what things we need to fix before we put it on the market, if anything.  

Gotta go water my cacti.  Mwah! 

-S

=====

from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 17, 2020, 8:12 PM
Re: Sunday snoozing

No worries. :)  In today's world I have friends that I am on the opposite end of the Political spectrum. What makes them friends is to be able to respect that difference. I have lost friends because of their hostile reaction to a political opinion I have. I will accept differences. I will never accept that difference manifesting in a disrespectful and rude way.  One friend was a friend for over 30 years. Sad...

Nothing beats homemade :) If I had the time and freedom I would do more cooking.

Good luck with your Real estate adventure
 


No comments:

Post a Comment