Saturday, May 15, 2021

Saturday song

May 16, 2020 Saturday

from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 16. 2020, 7:10 AM
subject: Saturday song

Good morning Daniel!

Here's a fun tune for today. Adore the guy playing his toaster. :)

Jimmy Fallon, Brendon Urie & The Roots Remix "Under Pressure" (At-Home _Instruments)  



My nerdy gal friend showed me some cool new COVID graphs. You can change the last two letters to NH to see your state's numbers. Looks like a good news/bad news situation for both states.
https://covidactnow.org/us/ma

Back to bed for me. Join me when you can! Mwah!

-S

=====

from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 16. 2020, 5:19 PM
Re: Saturday song

Good afternoon D! 

You are so good to give blood.  How'd that go?  

No one smokes.  I don't want to be around anyone who does.  But the fact that she associated pet ownership which I consider one of the best signs of humanity with smoking which I consider one of the worst?  ARGH.   

KFC has gone downhill a lot but Hubby is enamored of their Littles.  And the lines are much shorter there.  Motor over to the Golden Tao if they're open for excellent Chinese. 

Why should I get a spare bedroom, eh? Tell me you'll visit me someday.  Even if you can't see a way, let's be brave and silly and imagine we will?  I am trying hard to get a third bedroom that can double as my office and a guest room.  And I am fantasizing about you running away to stay with me.  

Here's the one we did not get, so you can see what my ideal place looked like.  *sigh 
Basic info and photos
Virtual 3D tour with dollhouse and measurement views in the lower left - an impressive piece of software! 

Here's a cute little NPR video of penguins visiting the art museum! 

-S

=====

from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 16. 2020, 6:26 PM
Re: Saturday song

Hey,
Blood donation did not go according to plan. There was an issue that resulted in only one unit being donated instead of 2. The plus side is I can make my next appointment in 56 days instead of 112. I found that while I am a universal donor I can only be given my exact blood type.

That house was amazing. The price shocked me.....yikes.

I hope you find that dream home.. I am guessing you can get more or the same for a lower price if you were willing to go outside of the larger cities.

Stay safe and be happy.

=====

from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 16. 2020, 9:27 PM
Re: Saturday song

Hiya D!

I adore emailing with you. You are so interesting, and you "get" what I'm talking about!

I can't find another listing I have any interest in, so I am trying to resign myself to staying here and dealing with fixing things. *sigh
 
I adore seeing other units, but it's also a little freaky to go out into someone else's home and try my best not to infect them. In the Before Times, I would flush the toilets, and open every cabinet, and now I am not allowed to touch anything and have to wear a mask, gloves and booties!

Funny that you think that price is high. It looks low to me. The units in my building that are comparable to mine have sold for $740,000 the past two years, for 942 sq feet. I am hoping to spend less than that, so I have money for furniture or upgrades or to save and make my retirement more cushy! I have found it interesting to see the prices change as I got outward from the city. There is a certain range for Cambridge, Somerville and Arlington, around $750k. Then it goes down to $550k as I cross into Medford or Malden or Everett. The units my friend in Reading is sending me units in the $390K range. That feels too far out to me. I am looking at Medford, Malden, Watertown...my sister said I'm not allowed to be more than 15 minutes from her. Heh.

Just for jollies, I checked Manchester NH. My usual search criteria pulled up 4 places but they were all houses instead of big condo buildings, but all under $500k and lots of square footage. Nice.

I'm going to go think about something other than real estate! You may figure into my thoughts... naked.

-S


No comments:

Post a Comment