May 18, 2020 Monday
11:41 AM PhilBread came out amazing!
Good morning! Have a fabulous Monday!
11:47 AM Sassy
Saw the photo on your newsfeed!
So tasty looking!
My project group canceled our summer event. Makes sense but so sad.
My project group canceled our summer event. Makes sense but so sad.
12:58 PM Phil
Awww, pretty much everything is cancelled.
Awww, pretty much everything is cancelled.
Had to tell my folks, no travel over the long weekend.
Gotta stay within 50 miles of home.
1:43 PM Sassy
I think that's smart
I'm seeing folks making plans and it makes me cringe
Real Estate agent is coming by at 3:30 to look at our condo, estimate the sale price
2:23 PM Phil
What sparked the desire to move? Dishwasher or have you been considering a move?
What sparked the desire to move? Dishwasher or have you been considering a move?
2:24 PM Sassy
1) Dishwasher combined with
1) Dishwasher combined with
2) repeat ceiling leak, and
3) a friend sending me interesting listings
4) combined with Condo Assoc being jerks
I don't feel eager to move, but I don't want to do renovations either... tough spot.
I'm not sure I can find anything bigger or better so may end up staying and fixing things up.
4) combined with Condo Assoc being jerks
I don't feel eager to move, but I don't want to do renovations either... tough spot.
I'm not sure I can find anything bigger or better so may end up staying and fixing things up.
3:17 PM Phil
Doesn’t hurt to have all the information.
Doesn’t hurt to have all the information.
Almost always cheaper to do the fixes than move
3:18 PM Sassy
Would adore more space
3:19 PM Phil
That’s always nice, especially these days
5:44 PM Sassy
Had a good time showing her around.
Now we wait for her report, and look at listings.
5:55 PM Phil
Well cool, should not take long.
Well cool, should not take long.
I’m stunned at the price of condos but everyone I know who owns one is willing to have less space to be able to walk to restaurants and bars. I could live down town but really enjoy the space and a yard. Hope she comes back with a great price!
5:55 PM Sassy
There have only been two units like mine sold in the past two years. One was $720k and one $740k. NO clue what the pandemic will do to prices or possible buyers.
She said we should try to find a place to buy, move, renovate our place (she has contacts with painters, flooring, appliance people) then sell our place.
6:01 PM Phil
DC prices are the same.
We have always painted, preened everything and had the house staged and had great luck. We have too much stuff and the stagers know how to maximize the appeal of the place. We did not do carpet and appliances as people like to pick their own and we offered a credit for them to do that. It’s a process, that’s for sure.
6:03 PM Sassy
I asked if we could discount our place to sell as is and she was pretty against that, but we'll see. She said we can get all our stuff out, and then rent furniture to stage the place. She thinks she can sell it in a week once it lists...
I asked if we could discount our place to sell as is and she was pretty against that, but we'll see. She said we can get all our stuff out, and then rent furniture to stage the place. She thinks she can sell it in a week once it lists...
6:04 PM Phil
Staging works great.
Staging works great.
A fresh coat of paint, working appliances, no roof leak and new carpet doesn’t cost much
6:08 PM Sassy
I get postcards a lot from agents saying they have people who want to buy in this building
It's odd though.. I feel like the new person should choose the appliances and paint they want
6:20 PM Sassy
So glad you've been through this and know what I'm talking about!
So glad you've been through this and know what I'm talking about!
No comments:
Post a Comment