Saturday, May 15, 2021

Update for the Northerner

May 16, 2020 Saturday

From: Sassy
To: Brett
Sent: Sat, May 16, 2020 at 6:17 PM
Subject: Saturday update

Hiya Brett! Hope you're enjoying this warmer weather. We had quite a thunderstorm last night!

This has been a bit of a wacky week. I dealt with the ceiling leaks that left me with five new water marks in the ceiling and carpets that look bleached. *sigh The building super says they did repairs, and the roofer came in to measure and be sure he'd checked the areas above us. He said I will have to deal with my insurance again, but the guy from the management company said he'd talk with the Trustees about helping arrange and pay for repairs.

The building super looked at my dishwasher. He said it could be fixed, but it would cost more than half the cost of a new one, and it is beyond its expected life by a lot, plus new ones are much more energy efficient, so he recommended replacing it, and checking the floor under it, as it may have rotted and that's what caused the leak down into the unit below.

I so do not want to deal with this stuff. I was joking with a friend that I wish I could buy a new dishwasher that has a new condo attached to it! But there aren't any that meet my criteria. A few hours later she sent me a listing for a place that met all my criteria! This is the woman I talked into moving last year. She gave me the name of her Buyer's Agent.

The place looked worth a look, so we went out there Friday, mostly decided we wanted it when Hubby asked her to confirm they allow cats. Nope! So we walked away sad. We'll keep looking.

Was thinking of you visiting me there... mmm.

Take care dear man! Let me know you're still breathing!

-S


No comments:

Post a Comment