Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Tuesday trims

May 19, 2020 Tuesday

from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 19, 2020, 12:59 AM
subject: Tuesday trims

Good morning Daniel!

Hope your Tuesday is off to a good start!

Yesterday was busier than usual for me!

Our project group cancelled the summer event. Sensible but so sad. I scrambled to do a short version of the announcement to post to Facebook and link to the longer one on the website. People seem to understand. Luckily we have lots of online programs to keep people connected.

I scurried around to tidy up my condo, and our real estate agent popped by to look around so she can tell us what our place is worth. She was here for two hours! She said we'll have that figure early next week.

The plan is to
1) look for condos we want to visit,
2) buy one,
3) move, then
4) renovate my place to some extent and
5) sell it.

I was relieved to hear she knows painters, carpet installers, appliance sales, cleaners, movers etc. so I don't have to deal with finding them.

I watched Jeff King on Facebook Live. He's the Iditarod champion who missed this year's race due to emergency surgery 4 days before the start. He picked one of his handlers to take his place and race his dogs. That guy ended up being one of those rescued by the Blackhawk helicopter near White Mountain less than 100 miles from the finish. Good to see Jeff recovered and and showing off his month-old puppies!

Remember all the hassle we had trying to get Hubby's Real ID in early March? His passport came quickly so we were able to do it just before the RMV shut down. I also asked for a copy of his Birth Certificate from the midwest on March 2. They said it would take a month. It arrived today - 2.5 months later! I suppose we have COVID to thank for that. Good thing we didn't need it!

I made a Freshly meal for supper. What are you eating these days?

I puzzled over the MA Governor's announcement of who can open next week - it mostly doesn't apply to me except for the hair salons. Pondering whether I want to get my hair trimmed. Still seems risky and avoidable. Have you done it?

Take care dear man. Mwah!

-S

=====

from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 19, 2020, 12:17 PM
Re: Tuesday trims

Sorry.. Having another horrible day with my grandson... Very down.

I hope you find the house you are looking for.

Eat? I eat whatever I can find when I get hungry. No great plan and I skip breakfast and lunch most of the time.

Sorry for being slow on the response. No gym, a less than great relationship with my wife, and a grandson with issues are making things challenging.. Lack of human contact takes its mental toll... Not sure I survived all those years.

Have a great day. Apologies for the less than positive email.

=====

from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 19, 2020, 2:56 PM
Re: Tuesday trims

Good afternoon Daniel!  

Thank you for responding.  You don't have to be upbeat.  I do appreciate the effort!  

I want you to survive.  I don't know how you survived either, but you did.  You are a strong man, and a smart, sweet man, and deal amazing well with circumstances that are challenging!  I am here to help you now, which I hope makes your life 2% better.  

Get out of the house and run?  Call me?  Start a meeting in gmail?  I promise to make you smile and if you like, hard as a rock.  :)  

I don't know what to hope for the condo front... I don't want to move.  And I don't want to stay here if the ceiling needs to be painted once a year... but it would be lovely to have more space.  But I am really over doing the administrative paperwork that it will take.  *sigh 

Here's a fun article about an escapee peacock! 

-S

=====

from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 19, 2020, 11:00 PM
subject: Lamp dancing

From Quinn B Wharton's Facebook Page
Quinn-tessenial Dance Scenes presents: Dirty Dancing

https://www.facebook.com/quinn.wharton/videos/10158494288548832/


No comments:

Post a Comment