Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Wednesday wandering

May 6, 2020 Wednesday

from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 6, 2020, 9:03 AM
subject: Wednesday wandering

Good morning Daniel! Hope this Wednesday is better than usual.

Tuesday I spent bopping around the net again looking for cool things to read or watch. 

Hubby had a yen for a sub, so we ordered from a little hole in the wall called Skampa. I got their fried shrimp and chicken fingers and cole slaw.

Here's a question to ponder - how is art different from music? In that, there is some you like and some you don't and you look at whatever and make up your own mind? Your reactions are valid, you are welcome to express opinions. Is there any art you remember liking? Are you into realistic depictions? Abstracts? Older stuff? Newer stuff? Just like music, it tells you about a moment in the artist's life, a moment in history, a beautiful place, and they did it to get a reaction from you and share their talent. Do you have artistic talent? Art is something I am not good at but I enjoy seeing what others do and sharing it.

Your music idea for the shower is so cool! I listen to the news in the shower on WBZ Radio or Google's "Good morning" feature. Did you know you can ask Google to tell you the news? It picks stories from various sources it thinks you'll like. Maybe that's too irritating for you most days... but it gives me a quick summary so I don't have to read those bits in the newspapers or I can dig into a topic more if I want the details. I will give your music idea a try!

Here are some good videos I found:   

Music
1) https://youtu.be/THJYEdScby8
A rousing version of John Williams composition for the 1996 Olympics called "Summon the Heroes" to thank the front line workers in these quarantimes. BSO Recording Engineer Nick Squire and Video Engineer Brandon Cardley wove together audio and video from 86 separate files.

2) https://youtu.be/7LcLqIHzNkY
Queen pops in from London, Cornwall and L.A. to raise funds for WHO (nearly $5 million so far!), and thank front line workers with their iconic music. Amazing slideshow of empty public squares and smiling faces from around the world. Rock on!

Here are two sites I found helpful in dealing with those creepy extortion emails:

1) https://www.retaildoc.com/blog/how-to-protect-yourself-from-email-ransom-scammers-who-have-your-real-password

I took 5 of 6 steps, and am considering the various password apps. I have a massive Google sheet with clues for each site right now, which seems to work well and Hubby is always cursing at LastPass, so that remains unresolved.

2) It lists a site that will tell you the sites where your email was breached, which might give you more clues on what happened and how to deal.
https://haveibeenpwned.com

Thank you for mentioning that your Mom made it back. So glad to hear that. I had been thinking of her. Traveling must be very odd.

Take care dear man. Mwah!

-S

=====

from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 6, 2020, 6:15 PM
Re: Wednesday wandering

Hey,

Thats very deep - Your art versus music.. I can appreciate what I perceive to be art. I find that photography inspired me more than paintings. I think that may be because I enjoy taking pictures and being amazed by the talents of others to tell a story with one picture. There is such beauty around the world and it is nice to experience that through a photo of what I can't see it in person.

Not a fan of news... I just don't see the news media as a way to get news. Think about that. I see news as having turned into an exploration to find the truth. That may be one news source or many news sources.

Had another scam today, someone claiming to be from a government agency from a private number asking for my social and my wife's. I called the main agency number and they confirmed there was no call from them to me... Sad.

I just bought 7 loaves of banana bread at online. Shipping is free over 50 dollars and they have a 10% off deal STAYINSIDE.. Is the code.


No comments:

Post a Comment