from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 12, 2020, 11:00 AM
subject: Tuesday trifle
Good morning Daniel! Hope your Tuesday is rolling along well.
Quiet Monday... sat at my desk, drafted an email to see if I can get more info about what causes the leaks and ask the condo association to pay for my ceiling repairs this time! The super did repairs and says the roofers are coming today. It didn't leak during the big thunderstorms last night, so that's progress.
I took my Blood Pressure with an old machine that been sitting around since about 2011 - it still works and I got healthy numbers!
I made another round of Hormel Chili with onions, cheese, hot dogs and Fritos for dinner.
I ordered snacks from a site called Regrained. They take the leftover grains after beer is brewed and turn them into spicy crunchy snacks. We'll see if that's tasty!
Hope you have a calm day and think about my chest. Mwah!
-S
=====
from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 12, 2020, 12:08 PM
Re: Tuesday trifle
date: May 12, 2020, 12:08 PM
Re: Tuesday trifle
Hey,
I am sitting at my desk on a 2 hour call.
Good on your blood pressure.
Good luck with your ceiling... That stinks.
Stay healthy. Hope you and your hubby are doing well.
=====
from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 12, 2020, 2:24 PM
Re: Tuesday trifle
to: Daniel
date: May 12, 2020, 2:24 PM
Re: Tuesday trifle
Good afternoon D!
Ugh... I am so glad my working life never involved conference calls! Meetings were bad enough!
I had to laugh at today's word, since it's what most of us are doing a lot:
A.Word.A.Day
with Anu Gargal desko
PRONUNCIATION:
MEANING:
adverb: At one’s desk.
ETYMOLOGY:
Patterned after alfresco, from desk, from Latin desca (desk), from discus (disk), from Greek diskos (disk). Earliest documented use: 1981.
USAGE:
“He works in the financial sector, an all-male workplace except for two secretaries, and they all eat lunch al desko.”
Emma Woolf; The Ministry of Thin; Soft Skull Press; 2014.
Emma Woolf; The Ministry of Thin; Soft Skull Press; 2014.
A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun. -Katharine Hepburn, actress (12 May 1907-2003)=====
from: Daniel
to: Sassy
date: May 12, 2020, 2:56 PM
Re: Tuesday trifle
I like the word of the day... Yes meetings are no fun. I have had 3 today. I am lucky to have a high end Bose headset that are relatively comfy and keep out most of the peripheral noises in the house.
date: May 12, 2020, 2:56 PM
Re: Tuesday trifle
I like the word of the day... Yes meetings are no fun. I have had 3 today. I am lucky to have a high end Bose headset that are relatively comfy and keep out most of the peripheral noises in the house.
=====
from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 12, 2020, 7:34 PM
Re: Tuesday trifle
to: Daniel
date: May 12, 2020, 7:34 PM
Re: Tuesday trifle
Hmmm... maybe meetings aren't so bad if they let you "escape the house noises."
Bose is the best. We toured a UU church in Belmont to look at their event space... it was like someone had sat down and made a list of the best equipment, and someone bought it. When I saw the massive Bose speakers, I knew. They also had a bunch of lighting pre-installed with remote control movement, and roman shades with electronic controls to darken the room for afternoon events. and a perfect vaulted ceiling for acoustics. They use it once a year for the Christmas children's pageant. We eagerly volunteered to do another event there!
Here's a 4-minute video of a mellow song you might like, though I think you already know how to do this.
"Don't Let the Old Man In" by Toby Keith
-S
No comments:
Post a Comment