from: Sassy
to: Daniel
date: May 13, 2020, 10:58 AM
subject: Wednesday wiggling
Good morning Daniel! Hope your Wednesday has started off well.
I got up early to supervise the Instacart shopper. Whee! He started shopping at 8:38 am and was in the front entry at 10:15 am. He put all my bags into the cart I left out, so I could just roll it upstairs. The only thing he couldn't find was the Chef Boyardee mini-ravioli Hubby likes. Ah well. This was the best "finding what I asked for" since the before times.
We made progress on a couple of fronts yesterday. The building super finally came in and looked at my dishwasher that leaked into the downstair condo the night before Easter. He said it could be repaired, but it would cost more than half of getting a new one, and it's 33 years old so it's past the end of its expected life by a lot. And the new ones are much more energy efficient, so he recommended replacing it. He also said the floor under it may be rotted, as he's seen that in other units, which would account for the leaking.
He brought in the roofer to measure where the roof leaked and be sure there aren't any more issues. They think it's fixed again.
So I am trying to decide whether to replace the floors, the dishwasher and repair the ceiling or get a new dishwasher that has a new condo attached to it? Too big a decision for right now... would be big anyway but having to stay isolated takes it to almost impossible. I'm doing my best Scarlet O'Hara imitation and will think about it another day! Our friend is plugging moving into her condo building in Reading, but they don't have washer/dryer units in the units, or covered parking, which are two of my "must-haves." They are less than half the price of mine for bigger units, so it is tempting to piggy-back off all her research last year. But I can't see being that far away from my sisters.
I made Annie's Spirals Mac & Parmesan Cheese and added ham tonight. It was nice to have something different after two months of the same stuff. Photo evidence attached!
Have a wonderful Wednesday! Enjoy the sun for 5 minutes or more and remember my smile. You help put it on my face so often! Mwah!
-S

No comments:
Post a Comment